To fallow along in my journey for a better tomorrow I have posted Oldest post first on the right of the page. Staring with How I got rid of my life's Negative thoughts.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Honesty is the best policy

Words of encouragement love and hope.
If I could give anyone some words of truth it would be to love and be love, be honest no matter how painful the truth may be. Truth might hurt, but the lie is worse.
I would like to share this story;
 Today  I was talking with a friend. I was telling her how hard it was on me to find out later on in my life my father was not my DNA father. I will always see this person as my dad. But to me the lie was worse. I went on to tell her while growing up I had a number of friends that found out they were adopted. My friends were very upset and called their parents liars. I couldn’t understand than, but now I do. So I asked my friend if she were to adopt a child, would she not tell the child the truth? Her reply, when they are about 13-15 years old, old enough to understand.
My reply, did you not hear a word I said, Truth might hurt, but the lie is worse. Wouldn’t it be best to tell the child you adopt the truth right away? you can make the “moment special” say something like sometimes god in heaven know there are children out there that need a mommy and a daddy, so he blessed us with you. We are so lucky. Family is love. Same blood that runs through you runs through us. Truth might hurt but a lie is so much worse.  Your child will respect you more for truth. Children understand more then you know.  Yes right from babies. They are all gifts, and right from birth that is what you should tell them. Remember no one gets to pick their family.  
Life is showing me how I must file my memories away. That was then, this is now. I am bigger then my past and I am moving on, Trying anyway. You tube and Blogger friends have helped me along the way and I am sure many others. Is the web not a wonderful place?  Sure is nice to see there are people around,  in our great big world. Thank you for all the support. 
Words of encouragement love and hope.
Today we are going to tell our self how wonderful life is, all pain is going to go into a file and all worries are locked up. These are just memories, they are not who we are, rather just memories of past events that have made us who we are today. We are not broken, we are smart, We are going to go places, meet new people, We are going to live. The past is past pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment