To fallow along in my journey for a better tomorrow I have posted Oldest post first on the right of the page. Staring with How I got rid of my life's Negative thoughts.

Monday, October 3, 2011

S.A.D Seasonal Affective Disorder

There is hope, there is light
Do you need a SAD Therapy Lamps? 

SAD, also known as Seasonal Affective Disorder or the winter blues is a type of seasonal depression that affects people only during the fall or winter months. Victims of SAD are often fine during the rest of the year but experience low moods once the fall season hits.
I am a Mom, I have a daughter that I myself have diagnosed with S.A.D , she has for many years now. BUT I bought this therapy light and it is a life saver. It really works. 

Because SAD is a relatively new discovery, many psychiatrists and health care professionals may not easily recognize its myriad of symptoms. But as a Mom we see. I have since told the doctor of my daughter’s condition. I find they just wanted to give her drugs. I have always been told natural than pill, so I went out to see what I could do to help my daughter.
List of Typical SAD Symptoms
Symptoms I noticed my daughter and husband both suffer from,
They both experienced these symptoms only during winter months include:  October through to January

    * chronic sadness
    * excessive sleep
    * loss of energy
    * loss of any motivation
    * no longer interested in friends and family
    * excessive weight gain or loss during the fall and winter

Like any other mood disorder the causes can be complex and there may be more than one method for curing the problem.
And as a Mom and a wife to S.A.D this light truly has helped. I also give our whole family  vitamin D and B12 all year round. As long as the light helps I cannot see my daughter ever needing medication for this problem. This is one Mom to the next. Just one person to the next.

1 comment:

  1. I am a SAD Expert and i really appreciate you for the wonderful suggestion on SAD.
    See, SAD is easily treated by some logical tips like-
    -Take Nutrition diet.
    -Be social and neglect loneliness.
    -Study in groups to make concentration.
    -Use light therapy devices like sad lamps to cure.
    These all steps helps you in getting rid from SAD effect.

    ReplyDelete